Hello and Welcome to My Blog!

This is where I begin my journey with you, Christian wives everywhere. As I seek the Lord for grace to share testimonies and words of encouragement about marriage, it is my hope that you will: be strengthened to live with your husbands in peace, be encouraged to live according to biblical principals
be grateful for the gift of marriage and...be open to sharing comments here with other wives

I never considered myself a writer, but I am following God as I write to and for you. I hope and pray your marriage will be blessed!

In His Service,
Lisa

9/16/2009

He Is Such A Good Listener

It is fun to chat with a woman who has met a new guy.  The excitement in her voice is unforgetable as she describes him with great detail.  How tall he is.  How his skin looks.  What he was wearing and how deep and romantic his voice sounds.  She always mentions his smile and how she was sooooooo.... attracted to him because he listened to all she had to say.

I felt the same way about my husband when I met him 29 years ago.  He would listen as I shared all that was in my heart and all that was in my head.  I talked a lot.  After we dated, married, and began to dwell in the same home... my impressions shifted a bit.  It seems my talking was not as interesting to him and his listening skills were no longer impressive to me. 

I think many wives feel the same way.  I often hear women complain saying "My husband never listens to a thing I say". He just doesn't listen!  What do I do?

Psalm 116:1-2 says: I love the Lord because He has heard my voice and my supplications. Because He has inclinded His ear to me.  Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.  Isn't that great news! All I have to do is pray.  Talk to the Lord.  I can go into my room, shut the door, and pray to my Father who is in that place with me. (Matthew 6:6).  He sees me there and He listens. 

No longer do I need to burden my husband with every detail of my life.  No longer do I need to tell my husband every thing that is on my mind.  I can tell God.

He is such a good listener!

Tell your husband many things.  Tell your God everything!   
      

1 comment:

  1. Lisa! So happy to see the blog up and running. I'll be coming back often! Krissah

    ReplyDelete