Hello and Welcome to My Blog!

This is where I begin my journey with you, Christian wives everywhere. As I seek the Lord for grace to share testimonies and words of encouragement about marriage, it is my hope that you will: be strengthened to live with your husbands in peace, be encouraged to live according to biblical principals
be grateful for the gift of marriage and...be open to sharing comments here with other wives

I never considered myself a writer, but I am following God as I write to and for you. I hope and pray your marriage will be blessed!

In His Service,
Lisa

4/12/2010

From Our 5th Anniversary Celebration

In honor of this year's theme, my dear friend and member of the Wives On Purpose Support Group wrote this poem for our celebration.  I hope it blesses you and your marriage.


LOVE NEVER FAILS

By Vanetta Tate © 3/12/10

Love is not the feeling that one gets in a new relationship

Where you can’t hear the words for looking at their lips

It’s not time standing still waiting for the phone to ring

Or the candy, flowers, or just because gifts that you bring

The kind words, your gentle touch, and romantic dinners

Are all nice, but are really just temporary joy lenders

The walks in the park, a new bottle of perfume

When it is all over, real life will resume

Oh, all of it is wonderful and great

But keep on living, just you wait

In the beginning neither could do any wrong

As life progresses we start singing a different song

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE,… Sent from above

The kind that comes in the marriage deal

Ordained by GOD and not how you feel

Love is hanging in there thru thick and thin

Saying I’m sorry, I forgive you, I love you again and again

Tolerating one another’s quirks

Not dishing, slinging, uncovering, or airing the dirt

Getting over differences and letting go of the hurt

Praying, communicating and keeping GOD first

Keeping you needs along side of mine

Both being mindful we’ll be just fine

Being totally committed to GOD and the cause

To complete the journey life with you without a pause

There is the true test that only time can tell

It endures all things LOVE NEVER FAILS!!

*Written exclusively for Wives On Purpose

I'll share more from our program as the week goes on.
Lisa

1 comment: