Hello and Welcome to My Blog!

This is where I begin my journey with you, Christian wives everywhere. As I seek the Lord for grace to share testimonies and words of encouragement about marriage, it is my hope that you will: be strengthened to live with your husbands in peace, be encouraged to live according to biblical principals
be grateful for the gift of marriage and...be open to sharing comments here with other wives

I never considered myself a writer, but I am following God as I write to and for you. I hope and pray your marriage will be blessed!

In His Service,
Lisa

10/22/2009

Write It All Down

Today is a great for me because I can praise God for his promises! I suppose I should feel that way every day, but many days I praise because God is worthy… not because I feel like it. Today is different. It is different because of what I read.

Last night I read my journal entries and sermon notes from the entire year. I read my life’s story until I found myself reading the New Year’s Eve sermon notes from 2007 http://www.fbcglenarden.org/ . That is when I began a new journey with the Lord.

I cannot begin to tell you all that has happened in me, my family and my life since 2007. That really does not matter. What does matter is that I share with you how it gave me the praise I have today. You see God gave me a word in 2007. The verses preached and my journal entries spoke to my heart and I wrote them down. I lived through 2007 and 2008 listening to God and writing the messages down. I have recorded prayers, devotions, and promises. God made me some promises.

A few weeks ago, I decided to list all of the recent promises God made to me. I wrote 3 pages in my journal! Last night, I read them too and my heart pounded fast and I got so excited. My insides were tingling as I realized that God was doing some great things FOR ME!!!! He had promised!

I could not have read these things last night if I had not written it all down. (Three years of living in three notebooks). My mind gets bogged down with living day to day. My body gets tired and my emotions make me weary. I must write in order to hear the Word clearly, gain understanding, and renew my hope. I believe in a journal.

Today I can rejoice and sing a new song because of what I wrote.
Today I can go to God and pray his word back to him.
Today I can stand and believe him for what he told me.
Today I can praise him for his promises!!!

Even if you are not a journal writer, please consider finding a way to write your story. Any kind of book will do. Just get in a quite place and write what you hear from God. Allow Him time with you. Give him a chance to speak to you. Write what he says and don’t forget the promises.

It will give you praise like never before. Don’t take my word for it…
Jeremiah 30:2 says Thus says the Lord God of Israel, write in a book for your self all the words that I have spoken to you (NKJV).

Praise God today for what he is doing in your life and in your marriage. He is worthy!

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Rev. Karen Curry10/22/2009

    Write on! My husband has been telling me for a long while that I need to start journaling. Thank you for sharing how it has blessed you.

    ReplyDelete